Sunday, February 21, 2010

I've done it!

I have been trying to come up with an idea for the card swap I have on Saturday. I have been trying to think of many different themes around the color green.  St. Patricks day is this month so I wanted something green but how often do you give a card for this holiday.  As I was looking at blogs this morning I can across Mary Fish's blog (she has tons of great ideas) and I found the perfect layout from Kalshelia Lloyd.  I did change it a bit, but left the original layout.


Instructions for the flowers can be found here and here.  I punched out 3 scallop circles and then distressed the card stock with my bone folder until the paper began pulling apart.  I pulled each scallop apart and stacked them up with the inside of the paper facing up and put a small brad in the center of all flowers.  Since I did not have a cute black button for the center I decided to make one using the 1/2" circle punch.  I attached the button to the center with a glue dot and then attached this to the card with an additional glue dot.



Recipe:

Stamps: Bella Toile
Paper: so saffron, basic black, mellow moss, always artichoke
Ink:
always artichoke
Punches: scallop circle, scallop trim border, 1/2" circle, 5-petal flower
Accessories: brad, glue dots

No comments:

Bubbles

Copyright Info

Text, images, concepts, and designs © Allison Whiting; All rights reserved. Nothing may be copied or changed without requesting permission from myself alone. My original artwork is for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submissions. Most products used are Stampin' Up!® 1990-2008, unless otherwise specified.

Total Pageviews