Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thoroughly Thankful

I made these little thank you cards several months ago. I was trying to use stamps that I have not used in a while. This set had been discontinued a while back, I think that it was in a mini catalog or some kind of special. I sat down with my new catalog this week and what do you know, there was this set on page 30. I was so excited, I really like the options that are available with these stamps. For everyone who told me that they wanted to make some of these, you can do it on your own or come over and we can do it together.

The card base is a 3x3 card and then layered everything onto it from there. I stamped the flowers with black stazon ink and then colored with markers, blending the color with blender pens. I sponged the edges with ink to match the base of each card. I then put this on the so saffron layer which was then placed on a black layer. The black paper was punched out using the pink scallop square punch by Marvy, I bought this from michael's with a coupon.

I hope that you enjoy these little cards as much I did making them. They come in handy for a quick little thank you for anyone.


Stamps: Thoroughly Thankful
Paper: whisper white, basic black, so saffron, pretty in pink, lovely lilac, bashful blue, gable green

Ink: black stazon,
pretty in pink, lovely lilac, bashful blue, gable green, markers - certainly celery, old olive, so saffron, pumpkin pie
Accessories: scallop square punch from Marvy, blender pens, sponge
Techniques: blending with markers, sponging





~Allison

No comments:

Bubbles

Copyright Info

Text, images, concepts, and designs © Allison Whiting; All rights reserved. Nothing may be copied or changed without requesting permission from myself alone. My original artwork is for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submissions. Most products used are Stampin' Up!® 1990-2008, unless otherwise specified.

Total Pageviews