Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Love this layout

I love this layout because it is so simple and yet can be changed for very different looks.

I began this card with a white base card, then layered a piece of chocolate chip paper, topped with a piece of so saffron DP. I stamped the image onto water color paper with black stazon ink so that it would not run when I add the water. I colored the image using markers from Stampin' Up! and then used the aqua painter to blend the colors together, last sponged the edges with so saffron ink. I layered the image on a chocolate chip and so saffron mat. Next, I punched flowers out of sage shadow to match the bow on the hedgehog. I wanted to add a little bling to this card so I added stickle centers to the floers in the basket and glued jewel dots (from roberts) to the center of the punched flowers.

Stamps: Hedgehog Happiness
Paper: whisper white, chocolate chip,
so saffron, sage shadow, so saffron DP, water color paper
Ink: black stazon
Punches: spring bouquet (retired)
Accessories: stickles, jewel dots, Aleen's tacky glue, stampin' write markers, aqua painter
Techniques: water color with markers


Masculine Tree

After I finished the above card I wanted to make another card using the same layout and went looking for stamps to use. I pulled out "Lovely as a Tree" and thought that this would work perfect for a masculine card. I put this together the same way as above with a few changes. I used certainly celery paper to mat the image. I tied a piece of jute twine around the end and used dimentionals to raise the image mat layer to allow room for the jute. This card can be used for many occcasions. Just stamp a sentiment on the bottom or leave blank and write a message inside.

Stamps: Lovely as a Tree
Paper: whisper white, chocolate chip,
certainly celery, certainly celery DP, water color paper
Ink: black stazon
Accessories: stampin' write markers, aqua painter, jute twine, dimentionals
Techniques: water color with markers


I hope that you like these as much as I enjoyed making them.

~Allison

No comments:

Bubbles

Copyright Info

Text, images, concepts, and designs © Allison Whiting; All rights reserved. Nothing may be copied or changed without requesting permission from myself alone. My original artwork is for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submissions. Most products used are Stampin' Up!® 1990-2008, unless otherwise specified.

Total Pageviews