Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Backpack & accessories


Teacher Backpack

I have had the wonderful opportunity the past couple of months.  One of the local Universities contacted me to see if their student (who is training to be a teacher) could come observe and teach in my room.  I accepted and began the journey of working with a wonderful person who will become a GREAT teacher.  She finished in my room last week and I made her this little gift to wish her good luck.
 

I have seen these little backpacks several times on the web and have wanted to make one ever since.   I found the best instructions to make these from Becky Roberts from "Inking Idaho" here, here, and here.  I did change her dimensions a little since I needed it to be just a little bigger to fit some post-it-notes.  You can also find instructions here










Here are all of the accessories that I made to put inside.  Just a few things that a teacher can use.
Paperclip bookmarks (so many ideas here)
Thumbtacks (I used mod-podge)

I also covered this small notebook to match since everyone can use a place to jot down notes and why not make it look pretty.

I hope that you all enjoy!

______________________________________________________________________________
Print the page here for all of the directions and then just write in these new dimensions.

Here are my new dimensions:

Cut base card stock to 11" x 6 3/4"  (cut off 1 3/4" on the long side)
Score lengthwise at 1 3/4". Turn and score the short side at 3 1/2", 5 1/4", 8 3/4", and 10 1/2".
Pocket is 3 1/2" x 2 1/2".  Score at 1/4", and 1/2" on three sides.
Pocket flap is 1 1/2" x 2 1/2".  Score at 1/4" and 1/2" on one long side only.
Backpack flap is 3 7/16" x 3".  Score at 1/2" on long side only.
Ribbon:  (2) 8 1/2" long

No comments:

Bubbles

Copyright Info

Text, images, concepts, and designs © Allison Whiting; All rights reserved. Nothing may be copied or changed without requesting permission from myself alone. My original artwork is for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submissions. Most products used are Stampin' Up!® 1990-2008, unless otherwise specified.

Total Pageviews